this is a post, I will update, while proceeding and creating tools/tooling.
MOP uses flatbuffers for file-format serialization, fbs files define enumerations, structures, flags, almost everything. Usually Python and C++ sources are generated from the fbs files.
draw.io/diagrams.net is used to visualise the connections of the structures and files; to explain how everything forms coherent mesh/scene/animation/resource presentation.
MOP has python scripts to generate/view mop files.
pyconvert is a collection of scripts to convert gltf files to mop binaries, or list the contents of mop binaries.
- git repo master should be used to compile flatbuffers flatc, the binaries provided by internets are old and incompatible, with some fbs definitions.
- python has its quirks, but once it starts working, it seems usable.
- fbs files needs to define if a structure can be a root structure.
- fbs files can also define file endings, which is a bit curious thing.
- flatbuffers is probably not meant for python, the usage patterns are really cumbersome.